Sometimes it can’t be helped and you’re on your own for dinner. Instead of reaching for a ready meal, I love this Fresh and Healthy Baked Salmon For One.
It couldn’t be simpler. It all gets baked in the oven…including the asparagus. Very fresh and tasty.
Do you know that salmon freezes beautifully? You can easily keep a few salmon fillets in the freezer ready for this dish. And if you’ve forgotten to take the salmon out of the freezer in time? Not a problem. The salmon can be cooked from frozen. Just add 10 minutes at the start of the cooking time and check it’s piping hot before serving.
Baked Salmon With Asparagus
Serves 1 • Ready in 20 minutes
1 × 120g (4oz) skinless salmon fillet (216 cals)
1 fresh rosemary sprig
1 fresh sage leaf
4 black peppercorns
1 star anise
½ lemongrass stalk
1 garlic clove, unpeeled and cut in half (3 cals)
2 thick slices lemon
1 tsp olive oil (27 cals)
100g (3½oz) fine asparagus (25 cals)
lemon juice, for drizzling
• Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/375F.
• Place a piece of foil on a baking tray and place the salmon in the middle of the foil. Put the rosemary, sage, peppercorns, star anise, lemongrass and garlic around the fish. Put the lemon slices on top and drizzle with the olive oil. Fold the foil around the salmon to make a shallow tent.
• Cook the salmon in the oven for 8 minutes, then add the asparagus and return to the oven for a further 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
• Arrange the asparagus on a warmed serving plate and place the salmon on top. Drizzle a little lemon juice over the dish and serve.
- 800 calorie ‘diet’ days
- Overnight fasting
- New junk food rules
- Over 100 new and revised recipes
- 800 Calorie Meal Plans