I’ll always remember my first Chicken Kiev…
I was at my friend’s house aged about 10 and I was offered this incredibly exotic sounding dish of Chicken Kiev. To me it sounded Russian and other-worldly, but I now know it came from Bejam (remember them?!?).
So sitting in her dark and orange kitchen, I prepared myself for a new culinary adventure.
And what an amazing taste it was. Crispy coated chicken and then the most divine centre. Ooozing garlicky butter dripping onto my plate. That must have been my first taste of garlic and I have loved it ever since.
Sadly, I don’t buy frozen chicken kievs for me and my children… although I’m sure they can still be found in the frozen aisle of every supermarket.
I still love to recreate that oozy garlicky taste in a more healthy way and this is the way I do it.
Sadly no crispy coating, but instead a very classy slice of prosciutto. And the garlic butter has been updated to garlicky cream cheese. Still amazingly delicious.
Can’t be bothered with real garlic? Use garlic and herb philadelphia or Boursin instead!
Do you have any food loves that stem from your childhood? Let me know and I’ll try and recreate them in a healthier form!
Posh Chicken Kiev
SERVES 2 • PREP 10m • COOK 25m
1 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tbsp cream cheese
2 × 150g (5oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 slices Parma ham (prosciutto)
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
• Place the olive oil, crushed garlic and cream cheese in a small bowl and mix together thoroughly.
• Prepare the chicken by making a slit down one side of the chicken breast to make a pocket, then fill each pocket equally with the garlicky cream cheese mixture. (This can get messy!) Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of Parma ham (prosciutto) and put onto a baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 20–25 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately.
Is this book for you?
Do you want a structured and easy eating plan? 3 meals a day? My trademark ‘simple and delicious’ recipes?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions then this friendly eating plan can help you lose up to 7 pounds in a week… while still eating healthily.
And, to make things even more juicy, I’m offering some amazing bonuses:
Bonus 1: 1-2-3 Get Ready to Detox Guide
Bonus 2: Everything you need SHOPPING LIST
Bonus 3: Two Bonus Recipes
Full details are inside the book – along with a link where you can get all your bonuses.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes